Vigo Runners is the owner of https://vigorunners.co.uk/ and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation).
This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
Vigo Runners may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15/10/2018.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our website:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website and online forms (Athletics Data)
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices used to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server. How we use your information We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry.
- To notify you about Athletics Events.
- To use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviors of visitors to our websites. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phoneor mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will process your Athletics Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- Our legal bases for processing your information
- To help to respond to queries, update data and perform necessary administration activity.
- Providing relevant and necessary information via email, text, post to you about the following:
- Changes to rules and regulation
- Updates to advice and guidance relating to specific roles held within athletics
Finding out what information the Club holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please write to Vigo Runners, Swanswood Field, Harvel Road, Meopham, Kent, DA13 0UA. A small administrative fee may be payable.
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
Data retention Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
Type of data
If membership is not annually renewed
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposesRight to Withdraw consent
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Contact Vigo Runners If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete:
- Please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- Contact the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/ should you wish to lodge a complaint in how your data is handled.